Professional Sample Collection Officers
Sample collection is a very important part of the workplace drug testing process. It should be carried out sensitively and properly so that donors are fully aware of what is going on and gain confidence in the drug and alcohol testing programme. Thus, collections should only ever be carried out by suitable trained persons who fully understand the principles involved and the practical steps required to prepare the collection area, supervise the sample collection and ensure that the ‘Chain of Custody’ procedures are strictly followed.
Racoo Screening operates a professional, flexible and reactive international sample collection service using our highly trained network of mobile sample collectors. Sample collections are also available throughout the UK at our Clinics where testing can be arranged at a convenient time to suit each client.
‘Chain of Custody’
The general principles of ‘Chain of Custody’ can be summarised as follows:
- To ensure the donor understands the procedure and gives informed consent.
- To document medications taken by the donor.
- To maintain ‘Chain of Custody’.
- To avoid cheating by the donor (specimen dilution, adulteration, substitution etc).
- To allow the donor to provide a specimen in privacy (urine sample).
- To split the specimen or take two samples (oral fluid) in case of legal challenge.
- To allow the donor to view the whole procedure of packaging and sending the specimen.
- To ensure the specimen is untouched at any stage and therefore avoiding contamination.
- To ensure the specimen is sent to the laboratory in tamper evident packaging.
Why use Racoo Screening?
Racoo Screening has 16 years’ experience in assisting companies and other organisations with the development and management of their drug and alcohol programme, including their drug and alcohol misuse policy.
Whether you are a small business, large international corporate or public sector organisation, Racoo Screening can help with your individual requirements offering a professional, personal and flexible implementation and advice service.